Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Table navigation slow in Microsoft Word #1005

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Oct 29, 2010 · 4 comments
Closed

Table navigation slow in Microsoft Word #1005

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Oct 29, 2010 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by RamboUdin on 2010-10-29 11:59
When i pressctrl+alt+left or right arrow and my focus is on a table, NVDA takes a longer time to process the data and report to me. It moves to next/previous column, and speak it but it takes about 2 seconds or so, to do that. I'm using NVDA2010.2, microsoft office word 2007, runs under windows XP SP2.
This issue also occurs on other computer running NVDA 2010.2BET2, i tested last month etc.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2010-10-29 12:13
Our access to Microsoft Word is fairly slow in general. Unfortunately, a lot of very complicated work needs to be done to improve its performance. For now, if you want faster access, you'll need to turn off automatic reporting of formatting information.
Changes:
Changed title from "NVDA becomes slow when in table (using the table reading commands)" to "Table navigation slow in Microsoft Word"
Milestone changed from None to None

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by RamboUdin on 2010-10-29 12:18
Hi,
how to do that?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2010-10-29 12:25
Uncheck checkboxes in NVDA's Document Formatting Settings dialog.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by mdcurran on 2012-10-05 00:23
Table navigation became faster with the improved MS word support in 2012.1. Probably e614e80.
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2012.1
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant