Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Problems using SAPI4 with NVDA #1009

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Oct 31, 2010 · 4 comments
Closed

Problems using SAPI4 with NVDA #1009

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Oct 31, 2010 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by KevanGC on 2010-10-31 03:39
I'm using eSpeak right now.
I have 2 SAPI4 engines installed. One of them is broke and doesn't work, but the other one does. When I select SAPI4 from the Synth dialog, NVDA goes to the broken engine by default, freezes and i have to restart NVDA to get it to work again. I was wondering if it might be possible to make an option allowing users to remove certain engines from the list of sapi4 voices. Maybe start out with no engines showing up in the list, and ask users which engines they want to ad. This option is already available with JAWS as far as I know.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2010-10-31 07:26
Why not just uninstall the broken engine? :)
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to None

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by KevanGC on 2010-10-31 09:00
I can't find it in the list of programs. But the SAPI5 and eSpeak voices work fine, so it's not really that important.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 15, 2017

This does not sound like a bug in NVDA. Since SAPI4 is very old anyway and it is not a live disrupting issue, should this be closed?

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

I agree. This could probably have been fixed by removing the broken engine, hacking te registry or even reinstalling the system.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants