Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA should support Windows Frotz #1186

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 7, 2010 · 10 comments
Closed

NVDA should support Windows Frotz #1186

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 7, 2010 · 10 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by KevanGC on 2010-11-07 05:53
Windows Frotz is a program that plays Text-Adventure games, which are games that you can control by typing in text to move around characters, and the games are displayed in text. NVDA doesn't currently support Windows Frotz. Can you guys fix this?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2010-11-07 06:12
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to None

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by RamboUdin on 2010-11-08 04:02
Does JFW or WE or other asistive technology products support this?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by KevanGC on 2010-11-08 04:28
I don't know. But it would probably be really easy to get NVDA to support this. I was thinking you could make a virtual buffer to navigate the description of what's happenin in the game, and NVDA could type the commands into the box or somethin. Windows frotz has a speech option in the options screen(Press CTRL+P to get there) but the option's limited.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by nvdakor on 2013-08-29 13:00
Update:
There is an appModule add-on for this program (reports says it works well), which can be found on various add-on related websites (except the official add-ons repository). Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment WindowsFrotz-1.4.nvda-addon added by stockton on 2013-12-08 21:58
Description:
Windows Frotz add-on V1.4

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by stockton on 2013-12-08 22:00
Hello,
My name is Nick, and I am the author of the NVDA add-on for Windows Frotz mentioned above. Unfortunately, most of the NVDA add-on web sites only have the initial version of my add-on, and there have been a few bug fixes since then. I'm attaching the latest version of my add-on (V1.4) in case anyone wants it.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by nvdakor on 2013-12-08 22:05
Hi Nick,
Would you like your add-on to be listed in our add-ons website?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by stockton on 2013-12-08 23:28
For sure. The add-on is licensed under the the GPL V2, so people can feel free to host/modify it as much as they like.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

Closing, as there is an add-on for this (although not publicly listed).

@KevanGP
Copy link

KevanGP commented Jan 15, 2023

In case you find this page and want to get the latest version of the addon, it isn't on the NVDA Addons website, but it can apparently be found in this repository.
https://github.com/nstockton/nvda-add-ons/
The one on the addons website is from before 2019.3, not compatible with latest NVDA.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants