Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Bug when deleting line break character in IBM Lotus Symphony Documents #1210

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 20, 2010 · 3 comments
Closed
Labels
Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. bug

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by m11chen on 2010-11-20 09:36
Steps to reproduce:
Open a new IBM Lotus Symphony document.
Type a single line of text.
Press return to start a new line.
Type some text into the second line.
Press Ctrl+Home and then End to go to the end of the first line.
Press delete to remove the line break between the first and second line.

Expected result:
NVDA should now be able to read the content of the two lines by character using left and right arrow keys.

Actual result:
NVDA speaks "Root pane", and then nothing when pressing left or right arrow. You could regain focus of the editable text field by pressing up or down arrow, but it seems that some errors are generated along the way even though no error sound is played

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by m11chen (in reply to comment description) on 2010-11-20 09:42
Replying to m11chen:

Steps to reproduce:

Open a new IBM Lotus Symphony document.

Type a single line of text.

Press return to start a new line.

Type some text into the second line.

Press Ctrl+Home and then End to go to the end of the first line.

Press delete to remove the line break between the first and second line.

Expected result:

NVDA should now be able to read the content of the two lines by character using left and right arrow keys.

Actual result:

NVDA speaks "Root pane", and then nothing when pressing left or right arrow. You could regain focus of the editable text field by pressing up or down arrow, but it seems that some errors are generated along the way even though no error sound is played

Actually, you need to enter a third line of text before deleting the line break, or else even pressing up or down arrow would not regain focus to the editable text.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

Although this ticket is quite abandoned and I was about to close it, I was able to reproduce strange behaviour in LibreOffice given the steps above. It seems the focus moves to an unknown object for a short amount of time and than the document gets the focus back.

@Adriani90 Adriani90 added the Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. label Apr 25, 2020
@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I suggest to open a new issue specifically for Libre office if needed. Lotus Symphony has been discontinuedin 2012 accorting to this article:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_Lotus_Symphony

I am quite sure that there are hardly any companies using Lotus symphony. Most of them changed their suites to more stable software with further support.
I am closing this as abandoned.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. bug
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants