Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Characters added to the speech dictionary are not recognized when navigating by character #1226

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 1, 2010 · 1 comment

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by parham on 2010-12-01 08:23
I have added some typographical punctuation marks that NVDA doesn't recognize such as “, ”, – and — to the speech dictionary. The first character is left quote, the second is right quote, the third is NDash and the fourth is MDash. Now, when navigating word-by-word or line-by-line, this punctuation marks are recognized. However, when navigating by character, NVDA is silent upon encountering these characters. I also had to put a space character after and before the replacement phrase, to get NVDA to not stick the character definition to the next word (E.G. left quotehe doesn't like me,right quote is how NVDA would read he doesn't like me, enclosed in these quotation marks). These, however, should be treated as normal characters and automatically read independent of the word or character that comes before or after them.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2010-12-01 10:08
Speech dictionaries weren't designed to handle this. This will be handled by the new symbol handling framework which is currently being planned. See #332.
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to None
Added labels: wontfix
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant