Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Svox Pico synthesiser doesn't load (Affects some other third party synth drivers also) #1227

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 2, 2010 · 7 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by hurrikenny on 2010-12-02 05:24
In the latest snapshot (3962), when I go into preferences...synthesiser... and attempt to change it from e-speak to svox pico, and then tab to ok, it gives me the following error message "could not load the pico synthesiser". It also gives me the "crash" sound.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment nvda.log added by hurrikenny on 2010-12-02 05:25
Description:
Error message for svox pico when trying to change to this synthesiser

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2010-12-02 06:52
The synth driver API has changed, breaking backwards compatibility. This driver needs to be updated accordingly.

Technically, this isn't an NVDA issue, since this isn't an officially supported driver, but I'll leave it open as there are probably quite a few users using this.
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to None

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by RamboUdin on 2010-12-02 11:45
You better fix this, coz my synth doesn't work now!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by briang1 on 2011-01-09 11:12
I think this new code has broken other third party non official drivers as well. I am given to understand that while there are stil API changes in the pipeline, it may well not be possible to repair the drivers until a stable version is released of the code involved.
James has told me the above on thedev list.
Suggestion.
Have an older snap or stable release set up as a portable on the machine for use when the other synths are required until the matter is resolved.
Lex, is this what you intend to do on Pico?
Changes:
Changed title from "Svox Pico synthesiser doesn't load" to "Svox Pico synthesiser doesn't load (Affects some other third party synth drivers also)"

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by pvagner on 2011-01-15 17:19
Due to the popular demand I've tried to update Festival and Svox Pico synthDrivers to run with current development version of NVDA.

https://flattr.com/thing/116340/Updated-Festival-synthDriver-for-NVDA-2011-1dev
https://flattr.com/thing/116361/Updated-Svox-Pico-synthDriver-for-NVDA-2011-1dev

@dkager
Copy link
Collaborator

dkager commented Jul 2, 2017

Technically, this isn't an NVDA issue, since this isn't an officially supported driver, but I'll leave it open as there are probably quite a few users using this.

Those external updates to the drivers should have happened by now. :)

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jul 3, 2017

They did.

@jcsteh jcsteh closed this as completed Jul 3, 2017
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants