Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

AOL 9.6 With NVDA Main 2011.1 #1261

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 6, 2010 · 5 comments
Closed

AOL 9.6 With NVDA Main 2011.1 #1261

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 6, 2010 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by tmatthews on 2010-12-06 16:07
NVDA currently does not expose virtual buffer controls with AOL dialogs, such as the Startup Settings Dialog, or the Sign On Welcome Screen.
Also, if signed out of AOL, the menubar works as expected when pressing the alt key, focusing you to the first item, being File menu. However while inside AOL if logged in, pressing the alt key will take quite a bit of time speaking the first item, if at all.
Sometimes, it won't even do that!
Finally, pressing alt-f4 doesn't close the program. It instead takes you to the "services" menu, however you don't know that, until you press the escape key, where then the menu bar is readable.
A log will be attached to this ticket, demonstrationing these problems.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment nvda.log added by tmatthews on 2010-12-06 16:09
Description:
AOL 9.6 Debug Log For NVDA Main 2011.1

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by tmatthews on 2010-12-13 13:53
I changed the component combo box from virtual buffer to Display Model, as I think its more of the display hooks not being seen by the AOL 9.6 program.

And here, is the download page to AOL 9.6, for both the beta tester, and for the Gold Master Additions:

http://daol.aol.com/software/aoldesktop96/

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by trenton on 2011-11-20 01:13
I noticed that no result was ever found for this particular ticket, when I used an older account on here.
The last time I tried AOL 9.6 was with NVDA 2011.2, and the same result occurred. I have not tried it with NVDA 2011.3, as of yet.
I wish I knew what kind of controls that AOL is using for their settings screens, such as the one for changing the program's sounds. They are not unknown controls, although hearing NVDA keep saying the word "Pain" after hearing a controls label, or just hearing the label and not being able to know in advance what the actual control is, is a bit worrisome.

@dkager
Copy link
Collaborator

dkager commented Jul 18, 2017

Any Online Americans have experience with the latest version? If not we can probably close this as outdated.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

Closing for now. Please start a new issue for the most recent version of this software if results are still unsatisfactory.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants