Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

It is not possible to route the mouse to an item which is "unknown" #1270

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Dec 11, 2010 · 5 comments
Closed
Labels
Milestone

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by parham on 2010-12-11 14:18
When using insert+numpad slash to route the mouse to the location of the navigator object, I hear the error sound. This should either work (the preferred option), or gracefully and silently fail, perhaps even with a message. The preferred option, however, would be to route the mouse successfully to the item's location, regardless of whether it is or is not an "unknown" item.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2010-12-20 05:37
This is related to the specific object, not to whether it is unknown. I'm almost certain this does work on many unknown objects, though I can't think of any examples right now. In any case, please provide a specific example and attach the NVDA log containing the error.
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to None

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment nvda.log added by parham on 2011-01-03 18:13
Description:
This is the log file. The program is called "Tascam Piano", a virtually modeled piano program. The object names are read when I navigate through the object navigation, but it is impossible to route the mouse to any object (as shown in the log).

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by parham (in reply to comment 1) on 2011-01-03 18:14
Replying to jteh:

This is related to the specific object, not to whether it is unknown. I'm almost certain this does work on many unknown objects, though I can't think of any examples right now. In any case, please provide a specific example and attach the NVDA log containing the error.

I attached the requested file.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by mdcurran on 2011-01-04 00:00
Fixed in 17d7388. Thanks for reporting.
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2011.1
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by mdcurran on 2011-01-04 00:01
I should note that this fix is for unknown objects that don't have any text according to displayModel. Other unknowns that did have text worked ok.

@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added this to the 2011.1 milestone Nov 10, 2015
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant