Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

The new version of uTorrent doesn't work with NVDA #1296

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 3, 2011 · 4 comments
Closed

The new version of uTorrent doesn't work with NVDA #1296

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 3, 2011 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by KevanGC on 2011-01-03 00:24
There's a new version of uTorrent out - uTorrent 2.2.

When you first start uTorrent, it shows a message box or something that NVDA doesn't work with. The only way to get around that is to press CTRL+p, this brings up the uTorrent Preferences dialog. Once you're in the dialog, just press Escape, and you get back to uTorrent and skip the message box.
You should fix NVDA with uTorrent.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2011-01-03 10:09
Well I and others brought this up when it first started with the dev of Utorrent, and got some garbled response about doing, what I imagine you say. One thing I did notice though was that if I uninstalled the old version, then installed the new one, it worked and went straight in to the normal interface. The screen is a search screen, but it is not all read correctly as you say, meaning you have no idea what its on about.
Try the clean install and see what goes on. Also unless there are real new features, do NOT update at every one. it just makes things eventually fall over. Clean install is the way, but I'm sure there is or was another ticket on this but cannot find it either.
Clean install and see if you get the same on 7 as I get on XP.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 18, 2017

Utorrent has changed quite a bit over the years. Is this still the case?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@KevanGC is this still reproducible with the last version? I guess at least with OCR it should be.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

This is an old issue. I'm going to close this. If this issue is still relevant, please create a new one and fill in the template with the relevant details.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants