Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA Say All not working right #1311

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 9, 2011 · 6 comments
Closed

NVDA Say All not working right #1311

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 9, 2011 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by KevanGC on 2011-01-09 09:56
Hi,
NVDA doesn't work right when reading paragraphs in say all. It currently stops at the end of each line and that's REALLY annoying.
Can you please fix it so it reads normally?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2011-01-09 12:18
Hi, please read tickets #149 and #332. If what you are trying to describe is this issue of not reading by sentence, but by line, then please close this ticket, we already seem to have a lot on similar subjects all blocked together on #332!
If it is something else, please give more details, such as the softwar used when the effect occured, etc

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by KevanGC on 2011-01-09 12:54
How do you read by sentence?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by briang1 on 2011-01-09 18:10
Well that is the whole point, from the start nvda has only read in lines. If you read the last few comments in those tickets I specified, then you would more likely be able to see the problems involved in sentence based reading.
Basically, making nvda read that way is not at all trivial. My take on it is that sayall should use a sentence based system, whereas normal screen reading should be line by line, but it seems its not that simple. So getting to your original ticket description. Is this what you are complaining about, ie, it reads in lines and not sentences generally in all textual editors? If that is the case then lets close this ticket and use the one mentioned before to save clutter.
If you are experiencing, say, sayall actually stopping before the end of text in a given application, however, then add more detail here as the description you gave is not very helpful for anyone wanting to duplicate your problem.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh on 2011-01-09 20:48
Duplicate of #149.
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to None
Added labels: duplicate
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by iamjett27 on 2014-06-26 01:58
Hi, I'm having the same problem like this. I'm using windows 8 and the say all command or the nvda+downArrow is not working like what it should be. it keeps on stopping every end of the line and acts like the read current line command or the nvda+upArrow in both notepad and m.s word. but in my windows 7 o.s it works just fine. please help me how to fix this.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by jteh on 2014-06-26 02:14
My guess is that you're using the laptop layout. In the laptop layout, the command for say all is NVDA+a, not NVDA+downArrow.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant