Navigation Menu

Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA loosing focus when opening a document in IBM Lotus Symphony #1314

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 10, 2011 · 3 comments
Closed

NVDA loosing focus when opening a document in IBM Lotus Symphony #1314

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 10, 2011 · 3 comments
Labels

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by ManuelRamos on 2011-01-10 23:39
NVDA is running verry well with IBM Lotus Symphony.

However, when opening a document with those softwares, NVDA is loosing focus and it is necessary tab and alt tab to return back do IBM Lotus Symphony. I'm using 2 pcs, with xp 32 and Windows 7, 64 bytes.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2011-01-11 09:36
Yes noticed this as well. I put it down to the sluggish opening of the software. I'll have to try this again as I don't have the software here, but does it also regain focus if you open a menu and close it again? I'm sure this is what i did.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by briang1 on 2011-01-11 20:10
Right, on doing some tests, it seems to be being thrown by what I suspct migh be a bug or weirdness in Symphony. I'm using the old free version from the web site, and when you go to open a document, whether it be existing or new. it seems that Symphony is trying to install something in the start up sequence to do with Eclipse editing. Now I detected this by a small monitoring program looking for changes and asking if yo want them. The odd thing is that even when this is turned off there seems to be something grabbing focus just before the doc opens, which then lets the screen come into focus enogh to pull down menus but not edit the text.
Quite why every start of Symphony docs tries to install the same thing ie, why does it not succeed? Anti virus or something maybe??
I'm not sure. However I present this as this is what I get.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 2, 2017

Closing

1. This ticket is over 6 years old.
  2. From the comment provided in NVDA loosing focus when opening a document in IBM Lotus Symphony #1314 (comment), it sounds like a bug specific to Symphony, which development is now discontinued by IBM.
  3. We are unable to contact the original author of this issue for more information.

@ehollig ehollig closed this as completed Aug 2, 2017
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants