Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Windows Explorer crash When interacting with Action Center radio buttons #1332

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 24, 2011 · 1 comment
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by mdcurran on 2011-01-24 01:41
str:

• Run Firefox 3.6
  • Activate the Action Center icon on the system tray
  • Choose the problem about Mozilla container plugin (if not visible it may be within Action Center itself under archived messages)
  • Wait for the solution document to load
  • Tab or arrow to the radio buttons at the bottom which ask if the document was useful.

At this point NVDA freezes and Windows Explorer comes up with a crash dialog.

So far I have found out the following:

• Its not related to virtualBuffers as I tried after disabling the MSHTML one.
  • Its not simply activating the radio button as I can do this with review with out it crashing
  • Watching with windbg while it crashed, zi can see its inside oleacc, specifically accWrap_base::~accWrap_base.

So most likely this is not our bug. Though of course it would be great to find a way to avoid the crash occuring.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by mdcurran on 2011-02-25 03:09
I was able to reproduce this bug on Windows 7 with IE8 installed. However, after installing IE9 rc, I can no longer reproduce the bug. This suggests that a bug in MSHTML was fixed. I'm hoping that IE9 will eventually be in a Windows 7 service pack (i.e. become a standard part of install), thus making the bug go away. I don't think there is anything else that can be done, so closing for now as can't fix. But for those reading: IE9 should fix the problem.
Changes:
Added labels: cantfix
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant