Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Program won't start #1355

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 4, 2011 · 5 comments
Closed

Program won't start #1355

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 4, 2011 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by dlangley on 2011-02-04 21:29
NVDA Doesnt start.
when I launch NVDA i get the piano sound, then nothing.
I have tried this with the beta and build 4084

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment nvda.log added by dlangley on 2011-02-04 21:29
Description:
startup log

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2011-02-04 21:39
Have you tried this with a previous release (e.g. 2010.2)?

My suspicion is that you have an application with a UI that is not responding. In this case, NVDA will freeze at startup as it tries to query the application. For technical reasons, there's not much we can do about this at present, as the component that is making this query is part of Windows and is beyond our control.

Nevertheless, there really shouldn't be non-responsive applications running in any case. Have you tried restarting?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by dlangley on 2011-02-04 21:52
After I filed this I went back to the latest standard release and noticed it too wont run.
I ran through msconfig and cleaned out everything I didnt need or was suspect and did a clean reboot, and nvda still doesnt start.
I'll go go through add/remove next and do a deep cleaning of unnecessary stuff and see what happens.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by dlangley on 2011-02-04 22:23
Ok, I did a mass uninstall of a few things and it now runs.
One thing I had a question about. the only thing that looks like it could have effected it were the baum drivers for jfw 64 bit. the rest of it was stuff like the old rs games monopoly client, and imgburn. Have you done any testing with the baum 64 bit driver package?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh (in reply to comment 3) on 2011-02-04 22:33
Replying to dlangley:

One thing I had a question about. the only thing that looks like it could have effected it were the baum drivers for jfw 64 bit. ... Have you done any testing with the baum 64 bit driver package?

As I understand it, that package relates only to JAWS and shouldn't install anything that would affect NVDA. The USB drivers are separate. I very much doubt this was the cause of the problem. If you wanted to test it, it might be worth installing the package again to see if the problem reappears.
Changes:
Added labels: worksforme
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant