Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

an independent option for spelling rate #1398

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 1, 2011 · 8 comments
Open

an independent option for spelling rate #1398

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 1, 2011 · 8 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by fatma.mehanna on 2011-03-01 21:09
i'm asking if that's possible to make an independent option for spelling rate for the current TTS we use. as some TTS spell very very slowly

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

nvaccessAuto commented Jun 1, 2011

Comment 2 by orcauser on 2011-06-01 15:49
closed ticket #1540 as a duplicate of this.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

Strangely, Comment 1 is not present but Comment 2 is. Could this potentially be a Trac to Github transition glitch? @jcsteh @feerrenrut

@feerrenrut
Copy link
Contributor

I assume this was left out on purpose, comment 1 was just someone being added to the "watch list".

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Sep 21, 2017

Coming back to this, I assume this would depend on #4877

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I don't really understand what is requested here. When I change the speech rate for eloquence synthesizer, the speech rate for eSpeak does not change. So, as far as I understand, the user is facing problems with current tts. Changing the rate for this tts is independent already.

@bdorer
Copy link
Sponsor

bdorer commented Mar 19, 2019

@Adriani90 NVDA should spell words slower than the normal speech. This helps while proove reading.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@bdorer do you mean the spelling rate when selecting a word and pressing nvda+shift+s twice?

Currently following spelling commands are available (using keyboard laptop layout):

• nvda+shift+s twice: spell selected text
  • NVDA+c twice: spell text copied to clipboard
  • NVDA+l twice: spell current line
  • NVDA+shift+o twice: spell current object under the nvda cursor
  • nvda+shift+dot twice: spell line under the NVDA cursor

cc: @CyrilleB79 in case I forgot a spelling command maybe you can complete the list?

@bdorer
Copy link
Sponsor

bdorer commented Mar 23, 2024

It doesn't matter what you are spelling.
The author wants to be able to spell text with other speed while reading.
E.G. you read your text with a speed of 80, but text will be spelled with a speed of 60.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

6 participants