Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Winamp not completely accessible with NVDA #1430

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 24, 2011 · 5 comments
Closed

Winamp not completely accessible with NVDA #1430

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 24, 2011 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by KevanGC on 2011-03-24 05:28
Hi,
Winamp doesn't seem to be completely accessible with NVDA.
I can do the basic stuff, but it's hard to get to the menu. The menu bar doesn't open when I hit the alt key. I have to press Alt+F instead.

And I can't do certain things, like adjusting the equalizer.

Any help is appreciated
Kevan

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2011-03-24 08:17
On the first point only, the menu, in XP I seem to be having no issues with the pull down menu. It would be interesting to know which version of Winamp you are using and if you have tried other versions. I have tried version 2.x and 5.21 and they both work in XP on the menu. I seldom use the equaliser, but most of the shortcut keys seem to be working

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by KevanGC on 2011-03-24 08:38
I just downloaded the newest version from www.winamp.com earlier yesterday. The Alt+Space command to get to the system menu with the minimize and restore buttons does not work at all.

Have you tried the equalizer?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by pvagner on 2011-03-24 10:07
Winamp has classic and modern skins support.
For the best possible results modern skins should not be activated during install.
Additionally you may be able to choose basic skin from the preferences dialog on the skins page.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by KevanGC on 2011-03-24 20:50
Works better... Thanks!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by jteh on 2011-12-28 22:16
Most of these issues are related to Winamp's strange UI, some of which are fixed as per comment:3. Other enhancements are covered by #727.
Changes:
Added labels: worksforme
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant