Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA not working with some edit controls in Firefox #1431

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 26, 2011 · 5 comments
Closed

NVDA not working with some edit controls in Firefox #1431

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 26, 2011 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by KevanGC on 2011-03-26 07:11
Here's an example. The funny frame is near the top of the page.
http://xltweet.com/

In Firefox, NVDA doesn't read what you type. You can't activate forms mode on it either unless you do it manually.

In IE, NVDA reads what you type, but it still has some problems.

It should act like any other edit box, shouldn't it?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2011-03-26 11:41
I am using xp and have tried IE, and cannot get any sense out of this at all. At least in FF, both recent versions, it does type in and seems to auto detect the edit field and goes into focus mode on its own. I'm sure we have had something similar to this reported before though.
Generally speaking cursoring tends to repeat the same letter all the time.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by Bernd on 2013-05-08 16:22
NVDA threads this edit field as an embedded frame. I'm using Firefox 21.0.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2013-05-08 22:57
There is a frame, but in that frame is an editable document. As soon as I get focus on the frame, the page throws focus into the document and NVDA switches to focus mode.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 18, 2017

It appears the link reported in #1431 (comment) no longer exists. Is there another example that can be provided that experiences the same behavior?

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jul 18, 2017

Closing, as the original page is gone and there have been a lot of changes in the way NVDA handles web contentEditable over the last few years.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants