Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

App module for eMule v. 0.50a, translated into Spanish #1434

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 27, 2011 · 15 comments
Closed

App module for eMule v. 0.50a, translated into Spanish #1434

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 27, 2011 · 15 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by norrumar on 2011-03-27 20:12
This app module should be enhanced. It contains script for accessing some windows and reading information:

• Control+shift+t: Announces the main focused window.
  • Control+shift+h: Sets mouse and navigator objects on the tool bar.
  • Control+shift+z: Sets mouse and navigator object on the tool bar menu contained in the focused main window, if that window has it. This command can be used when focus can not be moved; we can select the tool bar menu, and then we'll be able to move the focus using tab.
  • Control+shift+l: Moves mouse and navigator objects to a column header, when a list is focused.
  • Control+shift+n: Selecst the "Name" field for searching, on search window.
  • Control+shift+p: Focuses the edit field or the list of options (author, Codec, etc.), on search window.
  • Control+shift+b: Selects the results list, on search window. I use the enhanced list view support plugin for reading columns.
  • Control+shift+o: Focuses the messages on IRC window. This is very important for asking questions about eMule, using its chat.

Excuse me for my English. I don't know the names used by eMule for each control.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by norrumar on 2011-04-11 09:37
I have added commands for reading each child of the status bar:

• Control+shift+q: Reads the first child of the status bar (about recent activity in eMule).
  • Control+shift+w: Reads the second child of the status bar (users and files).
  • Control+shift+e: Reads the third child of the status bar (about speed).
  • Control+shift+r: Reads the forth child of the status bar (about connectivity).

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment emule.2.py added by norrumar on 2011-04-15 14:03
Description:
App module for eMule v. 0.50a

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment emule.py added by norrumar on 2011-04-15 14:06
Description:
App module for eMule v 0.50a

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by norrumar on 2012-02-26 17:07
Using some versions of NVDA, I was not able to view IRC messages pressing control+shift+o. So I updated this app module, including docummentation for scripts in English an a spanish translation (.po and .mo files).
Changes:
Changed title from "App module for eMule v. 0.50a, in spanish" to "App module for eMule v. 0.50a, translated into Spanish"

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment eMule_appModule.exe added by norrumar on 2012-02-26 17:10
Description:
SFX file: execute into user configuration folder

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by norrumar on 2012-05-27 09:46
There is an add-on for this ticket at

http://tinyurl.com/chabzwz

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by nvdakor on 2014-04-28 23:50
Hi,
Does our current eMule add-on fix this problem?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by norrumar (in reply to comment 4) on 2014-04-29 03:43
Replying to nvdakor:

Hi,

Does our current eMule add-on fix this problem?

Yes, our add-on fixes this.
Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by MHameed on 2014-04-29 07:39
Since the addon provides more than the bare minimum of enhancements, I doubt it will be accepted into main NVDA.

I don't remember if we have a section regarding addons in the user guide, but maybe we can add a paragraph to refer users to the community website, where they will be able to download this and many other addons.

We should
Changes:
Added labels: invalid
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by MHameed on 2014-04-29 07:40
Changes:
Removed labels: invalid
Added labels: wontfix

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by norrumar (in reply to comment 6) on 2014-04-29 08:11
Replying to MHameed:

Since the addon provides more than the bare minimum of enhancements, I doubt it will be accepted into main NVDA.

I don't remember if we have a section regarding addons in the user guide, but maybe we can add a paragraph to refer users to the community website, where they will be able to download this and many other addons.

We should

Hi, there is a section about add-ons with a link to our add-ons website. See 9.3 of NVDA user guide.
I agree with your comments and resolution for this ticket.
Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 9 by jteh on 2014-04-29 08:21
What sort of features does the add-on have? If they're all things needed in order for a blind user to have an equivalently efficient experience to a sighted user, there's scope for it to be merged into the core. If there are features that aren't related to efficient access, that's a different story.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 10 by norrumar (in reply to comment 9) on 2014-04-29 08:43
Replying to jteh:

What sort of features does the add-on have? If they're all things needed in order for a blind user to have an equivalently efficient experience to a sighted user, there's scope for it to be merged into the core. If there are features that aren't related to efficient access, that's a different story.

Hi, the add-on documentation is at
http://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/eMule.en.html
Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 11 by jteh on 2014-04-29 09:00
Assuming there's not already an easy way to do all of that stuff already (e.g. tabbing around a couple of times), I don't really have a problem with any of this. From my very vague memories of that application years ago, tabbing is pretty broken. A more general discussion needs to be had about commands for reading specific columns, since that really shouldn't be app specific.

One concern I do have is the legality of this application. Are there any legal uses of this app at all these days? For example, there are legal uses of Bit Torrent (downloading large software distributions, etc.), but I'm not sure the same can be said for eMule. If that is the case, we'd probably reject it on legal grounds.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 12 by norrumar on 2014-04-29 09:10
Hi, about legal concerns, I think it deppends on the different countries. I think it's legal in Spain for instance, but not in France.
Anyway, official eMule website is mentioned in the add-on documentation and as I know it's active.
Thanks.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant