Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Firefox 4.2a1pre: Cycling among tabs speaks extraneous info #1440

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 30, 2011 · 4 comments
Closed

Firefox 4.2a1pre: Cycling among tabs speaks extraneous info #1440

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 30, 2011 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by kevinchao89 on 2011-03-30 19:16
Firefox 4.2a1pre (2011-03-30)
NVDA 2011.1 and NVDA 2011.1.1 RC

Have several tabs open.
Cycle among TABS with CTRL+TAB or CTRL+SHIFT+TAB
Actual: NVDA speaks: "Propery Page, I Frame" followed by "title of tab" and "focused element"
Expected: NVDA to only speak title and focused element

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2011-03-30 20:40
I can't reproduce this. Here, the first thing i hear when I press control+tab is the document title. Does this happen regardless of what you have open in the tabs?

With simple review enabled, do you see the iframe and property page above (parents of) the document using object navigation?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by kevinchao89 (in reply to comment description) on 2011-03-31 14:09
Very strange. I've seen this with a few (2-3) tabs or several (5-1) tabs. I had simple review enabled. I toggled it off, When cycling among tabs, I no longer heard "I Frame. Property". Then, I turned simple review back on, where I also didn't hear it anymore.
Sounds like this will be hard to reproduce/debug.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2011-03-31 19:49
Simple review won't have any impact on what you hear when focus changes, so something else must have changed. What I meant regarding simple review was to check whether the iframe and property page are parents of the document using object navigation. That is, when you see this problem, with simple review enabled, see whether pressing the parent object command (NVDA+numpad8 in desktop layout) includes or skips the iframe and property page. If you do see the iframe, please press NVDA+f1 and then attach the resulting output.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by bdorer on 2015-01-06 19:06
No update from reporter for a long while so closing as invalid.
Changes:
Added labels: invalid
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant