Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Log viewer sometimes does not properly regain focus #1445

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 7, 2011 · 8 comments
Closed

Log viewer sometimes does not properly regain focus #1445

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 7, 2011 · 8 comments
Labels
Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. bug close/worksforme component/NVDA-GUI

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by geoff on 2011-04-07 21:19
Sometimes when looking at developer info in the log viewer, I've
alt-tabbed away from the viewer to look at something else and returned
to find myself back in the window but not in the edit field containing
the log.

The only thing I've been able to do is move the navigator to the edit
field, route the mouse to it and left-click, which returns focus to the
edit field.

Is this something we can do anything about?

@feerrenrut
Copy link
Contributor

Looks related to #4918, perhaps a duplicate.

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Sep 7, 2016

Maybe, but if so, it manifests differently. In this case, focus lands in limbo and it doesn't usually occur. In the case of #4918, focus always lands on the first control in the dialog and you can reproduce it by simply switching to another window and back again; e.g. with alt+tab.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

I doubt #4918 and this ticket are related in any way. The reported issue seems something far more general. Sometimes, when a large number of windows are open or there seems to be a significant processor overload, Alt+Tabbing around doesn't land inside the window and focus properly, just like the Log Viewer example cited here. I do not have any reliable STR or log to offer at the moment, but I shall try to provide the latter whenever next I experience this problem. CC @Brian1Gaff

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

I also experienced this problem. It seems to be accompanied by a Windows ding sound.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I cannot reproduce this issue in NVDA 2019.1.1 and have not seen this problem even in earlier versions. @geoff are you still having this issue?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@LeonarddeR are you still seeing this issue?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I am trying to reproduce this one with NVDA 2019.2 RC2 but without success. It works properly for me. @LeonarddeR are you still seeing this issue by chance?

@Adriani90 Adriani90 added Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. close/worksforme labels Jan 26, 2020
@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

We do not have any updates from the initial author since years. And I cannot reproduce this issue with NVDA 2019.3 Beta 2. Clsoing as abandoned and works for me. Please comment on it if you are still having this issue and we can reopen it. Thanks.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. bug close/worksforme component/NVDA-GUI
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

6 participants