Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA should have the ability to report changes in an object #1481

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 3, 2011 · 4 comments
Closed

NVDA should have the ability to report changes in an object #1481

nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 3, 2011 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by parham on 2011-05-03 07:41
It happens a lot of times that we need to monitor an object for changes (E.G. a status bar, or something as simple as "copying new files..."). NVDA should allow the user to monitor an object for changes, and it should speak the new, changed text.
Blocked by #498

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2011-05-03 07:45
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to near-term

@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added this to the near-term milestone Nov 10, 2015
@jcsteh jcsteh removed this from the near-term milestone Jun 24, 2016
@bhavyashah
Copy link

@jcsteh At one point in time, you set the milestone of this ticket to near-term, and the proposed ability does seem quite useful to me in a multiplicity of usage scenarios. Could you please clarify your current stand on this ticket and assign this a priority as well?

@jcsteh jcsteh added feature and removed enhancement labels Aug 6, 2017
@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Adriani90 commented Nov 4, 2018

@feerrenrut, @michaelDCurran any progress on this? AS stated in #498 part of necessary code i written in the add-on golden cursor which is maintained by @josephsl. But I guess the best time to implement this would be after implementation of speech refactoring, quoing and so on. So I guess blocked by #7599. Right?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Actually, this is a duplicate of #498. Closing as duplicate.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants