Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Support for Microsoft Silverlight #1488

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 4, 2011 · 2 comments
Closed

Support for Microsoft Silverlight #1488

nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 4, 2011 · 2 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by cardsfan22 on 2011-05-04 20:49
I would like to see NVDA work with Microsoft Silverlight. I know Silverlight is used with Netflix when one wants to watch a movie or TV show instantly on his/her computer. I'm sure it is used in other instances. It doesn't read the controls (play, forward, rewind, pause, etc.) and it doesn't read the episode names if one wants to jump around when watching a season of a TV series.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2011-05-04 21:03
Please keep the summary short and enter long text in the description. Thanks.

In order for anything to be accessible, information needs to be provided by the application itself and screen readers must retrieve and report this information. NVDA should already work with accessible Silverlight applications, though I can't find any examples on a brief look. To have any chance of working out what's going on, we need free, unrestricted access to the problematic application, as well as information about exactly how you used it, what happened, etc.
Changes:
Changed title from "I would like to see NVDA work with Microsoft Silverlight. I know Silverlight is used with Netflix when one wants to watch a movie or TV show instantly on his/her computer. I'm sure it is used in other instances. It doesn't read the controls (play, forward, rewind, pause, etc.) and it doesn't read the episode names if one wants to jump around when watching a season of a TV series." to "Support for Microsoft Silverlight"

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

Silverlight has been discontinued and this ticket looks abandoned anyway. Closing as invalid, since @jcsteh pointed out that silverlight apps should be accessible if app authors took that in mind.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants