Navigation Menu

Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA should announce opening/closing a tab in IE or FF #1490

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 5, 2011 · 5 comments
Closed

NVDA should announce opening/closing a tab in IE or FF #1490

nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 5, 2011 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by allan on 2011-05-05 08:38
Since NVDA is a screen reader, in my opinion it should tell the user whether it has a new tab is open or closing in IE of FF.

E.g.

1. User has press CTRL+enter in a link, it will open a new tab, but NVDA stay silent.
  2. User press CTRL+F4 to close a tab, but NVDA doesn't notify the user.
@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by Bernd on 2013-05-12 21:55
If a users presses CTRL+enter or ctrl+f4 he should know what he is doing. May we should change the ticket to notify the user if a link opens a new tab or window if the user presses enter on it.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

CC @michaelDCurran and @josephsl (for Edge) and @MarcoZehe (for Firefox) to seek browser-specific or more universal ways of implementing the requested feature.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I think announcing new tab or tab closed every time when using the commands will introduce too much verbosity in NVDA. In general, NVDA reads the title of the new page when you press ctrl+enter on a link and announces the title of the page when you press ctrl+w to close the tab.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

The only issue I see here is ctrl+enter for opening a link in a new tab.In this case most of times NVDA does not say anything.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I am closing this in favor of #9625

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants