Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA doesn't leave the Adobe Flash buffer when NVDA+ctrl+space is pressed on Windows 7 #1523

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 26, 2011 · 12 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Ahiiron on 2011-05-26 00:19
In Mozilla Firefox 4, using the command to leave a Flash object doesn't put you back in the document. One must minimize all programs and then alt+tab back to the window, and press Ctrl+home to get back in the main document.

Note: This works as expected in Windows XP.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2011-05-26 00:53
What version of NVDA are you using? Is this true for all Flash objects? Please provide example URLs.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by Ahiiron (in reply to comment 1) on 2011-05-26 01:21
Replying to jteh:
This is occurring with NVDA snapshot main-4329 but has been around a while.

This behavior is found on all flash objects I've run across, including the video on the NVDA homepage and YouTube videos.
Sample video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ94G7xzDvA&feature=youtube_gdata

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2011-05-26 01:44
This works correctly for me. What happens when you press NVDA+control+space? Does it just say nothing? Does it work for you with NVDA 2011.1.1?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by Ahiiron on 2011-05-26 02:00
This is interesting. When using the dev snapshot, NVDA just speaks nothing and remains in the object. Tabbing around in the object and then trying the same command still does nothing.

NVDA 2011.1.1 on the other hand somehow puts the virtual cursor on another tab of Firefox if it is open, but when using Tab or other commands, the focus is still in the Flash object.

This is 64-bit Windows 7 if that helps.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by Ahiiron on 2011-05-29 04:32
Hi, more info on this.

So, in Wind XP SP3 32-bit, using Firefox 4.0.1 and the Beta of Firefox 5, the flash object is presented as a little web page like expected. I never really used this and just tabbed around the object instead of using the quick navigation keys to move to buttons etc, so this escaped me until now.
In Windows 7 64-Bit, using the same versions of Firefox, there seems not to be any virtualBuffer being created. Basically, tabbing works but you can't use up and down arrows, or the quick navigation keys to move to the different buttons.

In conclusion, it looks like the buffer for the flash object is being created for XP, but not for 7. Hope this helps.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment xpLog.log added by Ahiiron on 2011-05-29 04:55
Description:
A log from NVDA on Windows XP from the time I press O to move to the object to when I hit NVDA-ctrl-space to exit it.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by jteh on 2011-05-29 04:55
I'm using Win7 64 bit here and definitely get buffers for Flash. Anything else that might be different on your Win7 system?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment 7Log.log added by Ahiiron on 2011-05-29 04:56
Description:
The same thing as the XP log, but here the treeInterceptor stuff doesn't happen.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by Ahiiron on 2011-05-29 05:02
Not that I can think of. I've got the latest snapshot as of yesterday, latest Adobe flash and Firefox, maybe it's a Win7 update itself. I'll see if that solves anything, although I keep things pretty updated.

I even went in and disabled all FF addons and did the same tests on both machines, same thing.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by Ahiiron on 2011-05-29 05:27
Hi,

Nothing even after a Win7 update. Admittedly there wasn't much there, but still I figured it might be worth a go.

I hope the attached logs to this ticket help a bit.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 18, 2017

This ticket looks abandoned. Unless there is something in the logs provided that I do not know about, I would suggest worksforme

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jul 18, 2017

No activity for years and Flash is more or less dead now. Closing.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants