Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Experimental class to support speaking of typed characters when this is broken in application #1529

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 27, 2011 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by lpintes on 2011-05-27 10:39
See the attachment.

If the object you want to monitor for typed characters fires caret events and it has a suitable text info, you can use the attached class for speaking the typed characters.
This works nicely for delphi app module I am developing. Just call handleChange instance method in event_caret.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment typedCharactersMonitor.py added by lpintes on 2011-10-04 13:24
Description:
Fixed stupid bug. Now the class could work correctly.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

@jcsteh: Could you restore the attachment for this? May be we should investigate whether this code is interesting to go into a pr. @lpintes: What do you think yourself?

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jul 19, 2017

@bhavyashah
Copy link

Since the Trac attachment has been restored in #1529 (comment), any further thoughts/inputs? @lpintes @jcsteh @LeonarddeR

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

I wonder how the code in this attachment distinguishes between typing characters and moving forward by character. I'm afraid it does not.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I guess this could help for some java applications as well.

cc: @JulienCochuyt, @seanbudd

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

5 participants