Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Request for NVDA to track the translated line in Duxbury Braille Translation Software when in the Braille document view #1549

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 6, 2011 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Marcia.Yale on 2011-06-06 05:05
In Duxbury Version DBT10.6, Windows XP, it is not possible to navigate the Braille view of a document in order to verify the translation and/or lay-out which Duxbury has prepared for embossing. NVDA does not recognize any of the characters shown. I am not aware of any fixes in later versions of either the Duxbury program or Windows and I apologize if this is out of scope or out of line, but I have not received any responses when I've sent this query to the support list.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2011-06-06 05:13
Not OS specific.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by briang1 on 2011-06-06 10:32
Its been a while since I've been involved with this sort of software, but I do know that the latest version of it mentions Jaws scripts being made that slow the voice for the special characters which will make up the output you describe. It occured to me that maybe you might suggest to them they write some app module scripts for nvda.

I don't know the restrictions on the demo version but as the paid for one is not cheap, Ithink it could be a hard ask for the devs to get this to work.
There seems little technical detail around on how the display works etc.
Not wanting to dismiss it out of hand, but from experience the software is a bit odd! Maybe it is because it supports so many variations of language choices.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

Could our resident Braille experts please test if the reported issue still stands with the latest versions of both NVDA and Duxbury?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@Marcia.Yale can you still reproduce this in NVDA 2018.2.1? i guess with automatic braille tetering it should work.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

This is an old issue and we haven't had relevant comments in a while. If the issue still applies, please create a new issue, making use of the issue template.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

5 participants