Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA does not recognize the status bar correctly in Thunderbird and Firefox 4 #1556

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 9, 2011 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by parham on 2011-06-09 05:11
When I press insert+end inFirefox 4 or Thunderbird with the window being "restored", NVDA tells me that "no status bar [was] found". However, if I maximize this window and try again, the status bar is found correctly. Also, when I open a new tab in Firefox, no minimizing/maximizing/restoring would ever get the status bar to be recognized by NVDA.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2011-06-09 05:26
Firefox 4 does not have a constantly showing status bar. It only shows while there is something to show. That said, even when it does show, I can reproduce the issue with it not working when restored.

What version of Thunderbird? With Thunderbird 3.1 (specifically 3.1.11pre) restored here, I have no problems reading the status bar.
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to near-term

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by Ahiiron on 2011-06-09 05:46
Hi,

I seem to be getting this in a lot of places, Thunderbird just being one of them. It also happens in Firefox and in Windows Explorer.

When I restore the window, all is good 99% of the time and NVDA can read the status bar again.

Could this be a global issue not just in Thunderbird?

Using Win7.
In XP, all is well.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by parham (in reply to comment 1) on 2011-06-09 05:49
Replying to jteh:

What version of Thunderbird? With Thunderbird 3.1 (specifically 3.1.11pre) restored here, I have no problems reading the status bar.

My Thunderbird is version 3.1.10.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by nvdakor on 2014-08-26 23:15
Hi,
Can you read status bars in absolute latest versions of Firefox and Thunderbird? If so, let's close the ticket as many have moved onto newer versions of these programs. Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by parham (in reply to comment 4) on 2014-08-27 03:35
Replying to nvdakor:

Can you read status bars in absolute latest versions of Firefox and Thunderbird?

Thunderbird yes, but not Firefox. I'm not sure if Firefox still shows the status bar like it used to, but if it does, it's not accessible using insert+shift+end.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by bdorer on 2015-02-24 22:03
Closing as invalid as reporter described 2 separate issues we have ticketed separately.
Changes:
Added labels: invalid
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added this to the near-term milestone Nov 10, 2015
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant