Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Unusual looping behaviour in IE8 in recent snaps #1566

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 15, 2011 · 9 comments
Closed

Unusual looping behaviour in IE8 in recent snaps #1566

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 15, 2011 · 9 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by briang1 on 2011-06-15 10:08
The effect can be seen on this survey form, if you cursor down the page a while.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/polling_survey

Other effects apparent.
Works normally in firefox
Inability to bring up any menus in ie, hitting alt can make you leave the page
nvda gui opens but is not navigable

Only way out is a windows key combination not including the alt key.

Attached full log of experienced effects. Also note that restarting nvda does not cure this problem
If ie unloaded, and release version started instead, the problem seems to go away.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment Unusual looping behaviour in nvda.log added by briang1 on 2011-06-15 10:13
Description:
nvda log

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment nvda.ini added by briang1 on 2011-06-15 13:01
Description:
The ini file used

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment quincy added by briang1 on 2011-06-15 13:03
Description:
The espeak variant as not standard

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2011-06-15 13:08
I have also added my ini and variant voice so things should be as I have them if you cannot duplicate, at least in the places that matter It seems to be a focus mode problem to me, as if you force browse mode you come back to normal.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2011-06-17 05:39
This is bizarre. I can't reproduce this in IE8 and Mick can't reproduce in IE9. Anyone else?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2011-06-17 05:43
Just so we don't lose this, Brian noted on list that he thinks this is a regression between e790229 and f963119.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by mdcurran on 2011-06-17 06:23
If we can reproduce, b15eb3d looks like a suspect.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by jteh on 2011-06-17 08:04
I was able to reproduce this in IE8 after all. I missed the importance of being in focus mode. Looks like it has been fixed in IE9, as Mick can't reproduce it.

Brian, thanks for your regression range. It was extremely helpful. Regression caused by 80ce809 (although this was just reinstating some code we had earlier, so it probably happened earlier too).

We've worked around this in 36c938c.
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2011.2
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by briang1 on 2011-06-17 11:46
Yes fixed, though it was OK in the release versions of 2010 I have also.
Incidentally, that survey form is probably one of the least intuitive I've come across for screenreader use. Designed while down the pub by the looks of it!

I know there is a frame title which says required text, but nvda does not say it and the star after it it does. I have reported the mess to the culprits...Thanks

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant