Navigation Menu

Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Firefox: Reviewing characters in edit field Sometimes Repeat #1582

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 17, 2011 · 3 comments
Closed

Firefox: Reviewing characters in edit field Sometimes Repeat #1582

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 17, 2011 · 3 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by kevinchao89 on 2011-06-17 14:37
Snapshot 4457
Firefox 6 Nightly 7.0a1 (2011-06-17)

When in GMail, NVDA dev New ticket, text edit fields, reviewing text by characters using LEFT/RIGHT ARROW will sometimes result in NVDA repeating characters.

While, this doesn't occur all of the time, resulting in it being difficult to reproduce, it does occur to a high enough regularity that it results in editing out wrong characters.

A factor that seems to have some influence is if Firefox isn't maxamized, this double speaking of characters when reviewing may occur.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

@derekriemer: As you use GMail daily, would you like to treat this ticket?

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jul 6, 2017

This should be addressed by #6424. Closing as duplicate.

@zahra21
Copy link

zahra21 commented Aug 27, 2017

hello.
i downloaded nvda 2017.3 and tried my gmail to see whether some bugs about typing and etiting texts in edit boxes are fixed or not.
after installing nvda 2017.3, i realized repeating some characters, words line when i wanted to navigate in the message which i typed in my gmail is not fixed.
so, i think this bug is not duplicate of bug 6424 and should not be closed as duplicate.
because i confirm that the issue is still persists!
i forgot to mention that i have this issue in using other edit boxes in firefox and the problem is not specific for composing emails in gmail!
God bless you all and his infinite mercy and blessings i pray for you in my five times obligatory daily prayers and other times!

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants