Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

notification of attachment for windows mail, live mail or outlook express #1594

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 20, 2011 · 16 comments
Closed
Milestone

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by surveyor on 2011-06-20 12:05
It might be useful NVDA to announce if the message has attachments in Outlook Express/Windows Mail/Windows Live Mail message list.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2011-06-20 15:16
See ticket 868. It may be better to amend that ticket's description as comments about this function are on it, and close this one?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by briang1 on 2011-06-21 07:21
OK they closed the old one, so we are back here again..
One thing came to mind here, assuming this is possible to read.
When does one speak this, and do you make it toggleable?

OK unread is short and to the point but do we really want unread attch then the line?

I'm not sure what others think, Maybe some bleep to indicate an attach. I notice that in Outlook express at least, if plain text is in use then small graphics in sig lines often get flagged as attaches.
I have an automatic move to a folder just for attaches, but this of course means checking two folders each time new email arrives.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by surveyor (in reply to comment 2) on 2011-06-21 08:22
Replying to briang1:

OK unread is short and to the point but do we really want unread attch then the line?

I'm not sure what others think, Maybe some bleep to indicate an attach. I notice that in Outlook express at least, if plain text is in use then small graphics in sig lines often get flagged as attaches.

I have an automatic move to a folder just for attaches, but this of course means checking two folders each time new email arrives.

Actually I think this is not an important notification personally. Some one from NVDA Turkish community has requested and I've just entered a new ticket for this. Maybe playing a beep or ding sound can prevent unnecessarily long notifications.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by surveyor (in reply to comment 3) on 2011-11-02 10:00
Replying to surveyor:

Replying to briang1:

Actually I think this is not an important notification personally. Some one from NVDA Turkish community has requested and I've just entered a new ticket for this. Maybe playing a beep or ding sound can prevent unnecessarily long notifications.

Actually, I think the notification of attachment is more helpful than reading the headers such as from, subject, received, flagged status etc.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by briang1 on 2011-11-02 13:01
Unfortunately this is becoming very needed as I am finding like others that people who send emails do not actually put in the body there is an attach, so that means you either find those little graphics booting emails into another folder which then needs to be checked, or you leave them all in one and never know there is an attach till you go and look.
A little ding, splurt or whatever as you arrow through would at least alert you to the possibility of an attach.
After all, its now reporting character set info after subject and this seems a bit academic to me, I'd much rather have attach flagged than the charset when I open an email, but I'd rather hear it at the inbox level.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by briang1 on 2011-12-08 11:55
Somone said they had raised yet another ticket for this.

I really think people would like this to work in the Micorsoft clients. At present its confusing to new users who hear unread and expect to be hearing the other flag but are not.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by mdcurran on 2011-12-08 22:26
If someone can find a way to do it, we'll put it in :)

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by jsalvador02 (in reply to comment description) on 2013-10-14 17:35
I am from Brasil and I reafirm that the anouncement of attachments would be helpful to those like me who work with contacts all around the world trading commodities. Using NVDA it is not possible to be aware when contracts are in an important business e-mail. I ask the developers to consider it. Thanks.by NVDA pmvReplying to surveyor:

It might be useful NVDA to announce if the message has attachments in Outlook Express/Windows Mail/Windows Live Mail message list.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 9 by surveyor on 2013-11-21 11:45
Changes:
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 10 by ateu on 2013-11-21 15:07
Fixed? Have something changed to make this possible?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 11 by surveyor on 2013-11-21 15:38
Because I'm not using the softwares mentioned, I've not tested personally. But two different user have sent feedback claiming it's been fixed. If it's not, feel free to reopen. Appologies!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 12 by surveyor on 2013-11-21 19:51
Changes:
State: reopened

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 13 by Michael Curran <mick@... on 2013-12-11 12:34
In [66c6b90]:

Merge branch 't1594' into next. Incubates #1594

Changes:
Added labels: incubating

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 14 by jteh on 2013-12-11 12:35
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to next

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 16 by Michael Curran <mick@... on 2014-01-31 01:56
In [e30d7c0]:

Merge branch 't1594'. Fixes #1594

Changes:
Removed labels: incubating
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 17 by mdcurran on 2014-01-31 01:58
Changes:
Milestone changed from next to 2014.1

@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added this to the 2014.1 milestone Nov 10, 2015
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant