Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

On outlook express. Strange window gets focus. #1618

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 28, 2011 · 3 comments
Closed

On outlook express. Strange window gets focus. #1618

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 28, 2011 · 3 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by briang1 on 2011-06-28 08:01
This is very trivial, but thought I'd ticket it for ref. I remember mentioning it on list so I thought this was appropriate.
When sending an email where significant parts were pasted, say from Word, you often get the character set conflict message when sending. It gives a choice of sending as unicode, which uses base64 coding to send the hi ascii etc, or as is which will probably break some of the content. No matter which you choose this window gets focus and either has no output or what sounds like gibberish. You need to use alt/tab to get back , but when you try to come back its gone. Was it really there?

Here is the tiny bit of log and the developer info for the window when it appears.
IO - speech.speak (08:47:40):
Speaking Character Set Conflict dialog This message contains some text having a character set other than the default character set. When sending this message you have the following options: The message will be sent as a Unicode message. All character set information will be retained. However, if the recipient's e-mail reader does not support Unicode, the message may not be display correctly. The message will be sent as a regular e-mail message using only the default character set. Any text not in the default character set may be unreadable by the recipient. Return to editing the message. "
IO - speech.speak (08:47:40):
Speaking As Unicode button Alt+u'
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (08:47:51):
Input: kb(desktop):rightArrow
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (08:47:51):
Input: kb(desktop):leftArrow
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (08:47:52):
Input: kb(desktop):tab
IO - speech.speak (08:47:52):
Speaking As Is button Alt+s'
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (08:47:54):
Input: kb(desktop):enter
IO - speech.speak (08:47:54):
Speaking [u'O\u016d0']
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (08:48:13):
Input: kb(desktop):NVDA+f1
INFO - globalCommands.GlobalCommands.script_navigatorObject_devInfo (08:48:13):
Developer info for navigator object:
name: u'O'
role: ROLE_UNKNOWN
states: STATE_INVISIBLE, STATE_FOCUSABLE, STATE_FOCUSED
Python object: <NVDAObjects.IAccessible.ContentGenericClient object at 0x01E11B30>
Python class mro: (<class 'NVDAObjects.IAccessible.ContentGenericClient'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.window.Window'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObject'>, <class 'baseObject.ScriptableObject'>, <class 'baseObject.AutoPropertyObject'>, <type 'object'>)
description: None
value: ''
appModule: <'msimn' (appName u'msimn', process ID 1492) at address 1c97750>
TextInfo: <class 'displayModel.DisplayModelTextInfo'>
windowHandle: 1048786
windowClassName: u'OutlookExpressHiddenWindow'
windowControlID: 0
windowStyle: -2080374784
windowThreadID: 3096
windowText: u'O'
IAccessibleObject: <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x1e0910 at 3d19da0>
IAccessibleChildID: 0
IAccessible event parameters: windowHandle=1048786, objectID=-4, childID=0
IAccessible accRole: ROLE_SYSTEM_CLIENT
IAccessible accState: STATE_SYSTEM_INVISIBLE, STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSED, STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSABLE, STATE_SYSTEM_VALID (1081348)

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2011-07-04 01:31
Is there any reason you think this issue is NVDA specific? Put another way, are you hoping for a specific resolution from us? It sounds like this is just a window that OE chooses to focus and there's probably nothing we can do about this. It does have the focused state, so it really is focused according to Windows, even though it's invisible.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by briang1 on 2011-07-04 06:48
I just wondered if it was there for any purpose as often somecharacters do get spoken, ehich I found peculiar for a transparent window. . Its one of those things I never knew existed, and thought, is it really invisible or does windows indicate it incorrectly. That is why I said trivial on the info.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 12, 2017

I believe OE bugs are no longer being fixed. @jcsteh also says this may not be an NVDA issue

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants