Navigation Menu

Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Unable to restart NVDA when in Firefox #1635

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 1, 2011 · 6 comments
Closed

Unable to restart NVDA when in Firefox #1635

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 1, 2011 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by elliott94 on 2011-07-01 19:42
When in Firefox and an attempt to restart NVDA is performed (by using CTRL-Alt-N), nothing happens. What's more, even if Firefox doesn't currently have focus, the same can be seen. Here's how to reproduce:

1. Open Firefox, and set focus to any web page.
  2. Attempt to use the NVDA shortcut (by default CTRL-Alt-N).
  3. When nothing happens, Alt-Tab to another window, but ensure that it's not the Desktop.
  4. Once again, attempt to restart NVDA.

Expected result: NVDA should restart as normal.

Actual result; nothing happens.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2011-07-01 20:23
For the record, on the latest snapshot at least, this effect is not present in Windows XP on Firefox 3.6 or version 4.
Is this a particular page, any other things that might be interfering, like an add on in FF? I only have ad blocker on mine.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by elliott94 (in reply to comment 1) on 2011-07-01 22:47
Replying to briang1:

For the record, on the latest snapshot at least, this effect is not present in Windows XP on Firefox 3.6 or version 4.

Is this a particular page, any other things that might be interfering, like an add on in FF? I only have ad blocker on mine.

Interesting. This was tested on Win 7 Home Premium X64. Any site that I've tried seems to give this result, and I can't think of any addons that would cause this issue.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by briang1 on 2011-07-02 06:38
Do you have access to a non 64bit operating system? I wondeer if this is another anomoly in the 64bit systems?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh on 2011-07-04 23:16
Can't reproduce on Win7 x64.

Please run Firefox with all add-ons disabled to confirm it's not your add-ons.

Also, try setting a keyboard shortcut for another icon on your desktop and test that. NVDA itself doesn't handle that shortcut, but rather, it's handled by Windows Explorer. If it's something peculiar to Explorer on your system, there's nothing we can do.

@dkager
Copy link
Collaborator

dkager commented Jul 2, 2017

Another issue that looks abandoned.

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jul 2, 2017

No further info from reporter, so closing.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants