Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Change file should contain just content related to the latest versions #1642

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 2, 2011 · 5 comments
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by ateu on 2011-07-02 21:47
Rather than contain a lot of older and most times irrelevant information, NVDA should remove them and just contain updated content. i.g., about the latest version. It will also causes more translater may wants translate the change files.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2011-07-03 01:17
Some users may wish to know what changed in a previous release, particularly if they skip one or more versions when upgrading. We may eventually trim the file if it gets too large, but I think it is acceptable as is for now. I certainly think it should keep the info for the last few releases.

For new translations, I think it is acceptable to only translate the changes for the current version and beyond. For example, if a translation was added in 2011.2, it only needs to contain the info for 2011.2 and later.
Changes:
Added labels: wontfix
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by ateu on 2011-07-03 12:13
Okay.

But what do you think about change file contain just content related to trrhee releases?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by ateu on 2011-07-03 12:15
Changes:
Removed labels: wontfix
State: reopened

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh on 2011-07-03 22:48
Why? I don't see any reason to remove the info. If you don't care, you don't have to read it. The file is still very small in relative terms and loads very quickly into a web browser.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by ateu on 2011-07-03 23:38
Changes:
Added labels: wontfix
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant