Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA Does Not Track the Cursor in the Atlantis Word Processor #1651

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 6, 2011 · 9 comments
Open

NVDA Does Not Track the Cursor in the Atlantis Word Processor #1651

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 6, 2011 · 9 comments
Labels

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by dgoldfield on 2011-07-06 12:45
When I attempt to use arrow keys to read a document written in the Atlantis word processor NVDA acts as if there is no cursor and so reading is impossible. NVDA is silent. You can download this word processor from www.atlantiswordprocessor.com.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by schulle4u on 2011-08-01 08:57
I'm also using atlantis and have the same problem here. A few weeks ago I mailed the program author, and he confirmed the problem but he couldn't reproduce why NVDA isn't able to read the text input. All other controls are quite accessible to NVDA.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@dgoldfield Can you still reproduce this issue with the latest versions of both NVDA and the Atlantis word processor?

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Feb 8, 2019

This is just a friendly request for @dgoldfield to respond to the comment in this issue. If we do not hear from this user, I suggest closing this issue.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@schulle4u are you available to test if this issue still occurs?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

could you please upload a test atlantis document so we can try to reproduce this issue as well?

@schulle4u
Copy link

@Adriani90 I don't use Atlantis anymore and thus haven't tracked this issue in a while. But as far as I know this is still valid for recent versions of Atlantis. I'll give it another try.

@schulle4u
Copy link

Just tested with the free lite version. The document area is still inaccessible, even if the developer information tells a different story.

Developer info for navigator object:
name: u'Doc02.rtf'
role: ROLE_EDITABLETEXT
states: STATE_FOCUSABLE, STATE_FOCUSED
isFocusable: True
hasFocus: True
Python object: <baseObject.Dynamic_IAccessibleDisplayModelEditableTextWindowNVDAObject object at 0x05B81290>
Python class mro: (<class 'baseObject.Dynamic_IAccessibleDisplayModelEditableTextWindowNVDAObject'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.window.DisplayModelEditableText'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.behaviors.EditableText'>, <class 'editableText.EditableText'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.window.Window'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObject'>, <class 'documentBase.TextContainerObject'>, <class 'baseObject.ScriptableObject'>, <class 'baseObject.AutoPropertyObject'>, <type 'object'>)
description: None
value: None
appModule: <'appModuleHandler' (appName u'awp', process ID 996) at address 5ac6790>
appModule.productName: u'Atlantis Word Processor'
appModule.productVersion: u'3.2.11.0'
TextInfo: <class 'displayModel.EditableTextDisplayModelTextInfo'>
windowHandle: 787114
windowClassName: u'TDocForm'
windowControlID: 65280
windowStyle: 1472659456
windowThreadID: 5364
windowText: u'Doc02.rtf'
displayText: u''
IAccessibleObject: <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x7c086d8 at 5b778f0>
IAccessibleChildID: 0
IAccessible event parameters: windowHandle=787114, objectID=-4, childID=0
IAccessible accName: u'Doc02.rtf'
IAccessible accRole: ROLE_SYSTEM_CLIENT
IAccessible accState: STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSED, STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSABLE, STATE_SYSTEM_VALID (1048580)
IAccessible accDescription: None
IAccessible accValue: None

@Adriani90 regarding documents: Atlantis uses standard RTF format by default. I could provide a .cod document which is a proprietary encrypted file format.

Steffen

@dgoldfield
Copy link

dgoldfield commented Feb 11, 2019 via email

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

The window class of TDocForm suggests that this is a Delphi application.

Even though this issue is still valid, I'm yet tempted to close this as both @schulle4u and @dgoldfield reported that they're no longer using this product. A fix will most likely require an external fix. Furthermore, there are plenty of accessible and even free alternatives out there.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

7 participants