Navigation Menu

Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Reading Issues With Adobe Reader X and Forms #1659

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 8, 2011 · 6 comments
Closed

Reading Issues With Adobe Reader X and Forms #1659

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 8, 2011 · 6 comments
Assignees
Milestone

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by mmlaramie on 2011-07-08 20:12
In General does a good job except when moving between a form field that goes between pages, NVDA repeats the path of the loaded document before reading the form field.

Otherwise the best screen reader for interacting with form content in Adobe.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2011-07-11 01:49
Can you please provide a sample pdf and steps to reproduce the problem? I don't understand the issue. Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment NVDA SAMPLE.pdf added by mmlaramie on 2011-07-11 19:37
Description:
Sample of Adobe Haivng Reading Issues

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by mmlaramie (in reply to comment 1) on 2011-07-11 19:45
Replying to jteh:

Can you please provide a sample pdf and steps to reproduce the problem? I don't understand the issue. Thanks.

Steps:

1. Open the file In Adobe Reader X and make sure NVDA is not in a browse mode as if to complete the form.
  2. tab through the form fields as if you were intending to complete the required information.
  3. Listen to the information as you move between fields that are between pages in the document.
    4 When going between pages NVDA reads the path of the pile location before reading the first field of a new page.
    5 the total document is 10 pages but I needed to get under the file limit.
    6 In my test of this sample it did it on every page change

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2011-07-12 05:57
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2011.3

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by kevinchao89 on 2011-07-14 18:48
Confirmed with Adobe Reader x and NVDA Snapshot 4560. This can be observed when moving to top of document, then TAB into first field. Alternatively, moving to bottom of document and SHIFT+TAB into field. Before field info is spoken, entire path to PDF document is spoken. This doesn't occur when moving from field to field (as long as these fields are on the same page.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by jteh on 2011-09-13 13:50
39841ee
Changes:
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants