Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA AND FACEBOOK COMPETITION PROBLEM #1666

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 11, 2011 · 5 comments
Closed

NVDA AND FACEBOOK COMPETITION PROBLEM #1666

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 11, 2011 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by dharvey on 2011-07-11 10:15
Hello,

A new technology provider in New Zealand launched today and are offering promo codes via their Facebook page.

Sighted users report no issue, but using NVDA after clicking on the Welcome Promo tab to get my discount code brings up a bunch of ads instead of the coupon.
STR:

1. Go to www.facebook.com/TechTigerNZ and like the page.
  2. Go to the Welcome Promo link and press Enter to activate it.

Expected result: Should be able to get my discount code.

Current result: Gets a bunch of FB ads instead of promo code.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2011-07-11 14:07
I can't test as I finally managed to get out of this lots clutches. However, don't you need to be in the same country for some of these things to operate properly?
I'd also suggest installing an ad blocker into your browser. It might let you see the wood for the trees a bit more!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by dharvey (in reply to comment 1) on 2011-07-12 03:53
Replying to briang1:

I can't test as I finally managed to get out of this lots clutches. However, don't you need to be in the same country for some of these things to operate properly?

I'd also suggest installing an ad blocker into your browser. It might let you see the wood for the trees a bit more!

The NVDA Devs are in Australia and the comp is open to Transtasman residents IE residents of Australia and New Zealand.

It shouldn't mater what country you're in to like the page and test, I've been trying for weeks to get this coupon and sighted users have no issue.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2011-07-12 05:19
I haven't looked at this yet, but perhaps the coupon is an image. In that case, sighted users would be able to see it, but it would be unreadable to screen reader users, even if the image is just an image of text.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 15, 2017

I received a "Page not found error" for the URL provided in steps by original poster. Suggest a close.

@derekriemer
Copy link
Collaborator

closing as invalid because even so, it's not really likely an NVDA issue, and it's antique.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants