Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA reads spaces as blank lines in some html form elements. #1674

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 14, 2011 · 6 comments
Closed

NVDA reads spaces as blank lines in some html form elements. #1674

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 14, 2011 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by ashleycox on 2011-07-14 19:19
In some html form elements, particularly textareas, NVDA reads spaces as blank lines. This can be reproduced in the textarea for submitting a new ticket on this site, in the google search box, and many other text input fields on many websites.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2011-07-14 21:25
Please be more specific. State what browser you are using, exactly what steps you are taking, what you expected and what happened instead.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by ashleycox (in reply to comment 1) on 2011-07-15 09:26
Replying to jteh:

Please be more specific. State what browser you are using, exactly what steps you are taking, what you expected and what happened instead.

I'm using IE9.
To reproduce, go to a website that has a textarea input field (thsi works on the reply box in this ticketing system). Enter some spaces. When, use the left/right arrows to move back through what you've entered. NVDA should announce "space", but instead announces "blank"> This only seams to happen at the end of a line; type in a line of text, with a space after it, and nvda will read that space as a blank line

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by briang1 on 2011-07-16 09:07
I wonder if this is the same bug that makes IE8 not announce the character its deleting in multi line edit fields, but in the IE9 it has a different effect?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by mdcurran on 2011-07-18 22:03
Annoyingly I can not reproduce the bug. Did this occur in 2011.1.1?

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 28, 2017

Annoyingly, like #1674 (comment), I can not reproduce the bug using latest NVDA and IE 11. I tried using the textarea for this ticket, and the Google Search edit box. Using the arrow keys to review the text, and deleting the text, it read the spaces as expected.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I cannot reproduce this issue either in NVDA 2019.2 RC2. Closing as works for me. If someone can reproduce it, please coment on it and we can reopen the discussions. Thanks.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants