Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA prevents mp3tag from exiting #1677

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 17, 2011 · 4 comments
Closed

NVDA prevents mp3tag from exiting #1677

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 17, 2011 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by tspivey on 2011-07-17 07:07
STR:
Get mp3tag from http://www.mp3tag.de/en/index.html
Install and run it. Close it with alt+f4.
On my system, the process hangs around until I kill it in task manager. If I do it with NVDA unloaded, it completely dies like I expect.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2011-07-17 17:33
Just for information, this works fine in Windows XP. It exits cleanly with no pauses.
I downloaded the latest version of mp3 tag just to be sure.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by mdcurran on 2011-07-19 06:27
I can confirm that mp3tag will not close if you startmp3tag while NVDA is running. Even closing NVDA before closing mp3tag seems to keep mp3tag around.
I also notice that mp3tag is stuck in a GetMessage call after it was supposed to exit, which suggests perhaps that some how it missed its wm_quit or something.
I really don't have any idea or answer on how this can be fixed. Though if this thing is Open source, I guess someone could go through the code and understand exactly how their UI works, and what should happen on exit.
This could be an NVDA bug, or a UIA or MSAA bug.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 10, 2017

Can not replicate this. MP3Tag exits fine on my system.
Mp3tag v2.78, released Jun 25 2016
Windows 10,1607

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jul 10, 2017

Closing as worksforme as per above comment. Please reopen if the problem persists.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants