Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Speech Stops when I Open a Folder located on a Thumb Drive #1705

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 4, 2011 · 4 comments
Closed

Speech Stops when I Open a Folder located on a Thumb Drive #1705

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 4, 2011 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by dgoldfield on 2011-08-04 14:46
The following happens consistently on my XP Pro machine.

1. With a thumb drive inserted I go to the run dialog with Windows key and the letter r.
  2. I type f: and press enter to bring up the folder list on that drive.
  3. At this point NVDA seems to freeze and I get no speech.
    At that point I attempt to terminate and restart NVDA with the ctrl-alt-N hotkey.
    I press the hotkey once and I do not usually hear the descending tones indicating that NVDA has stopped.
    I then press it again and hear the ascending tones indicating that NVDA has started again. Everything is fine now and I can then alt-tab to the thumb drive's directory with normal reading.

I am using a very slow computer with Microsoft security Essentials running; not sure if that's helpful.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2011-08-05 09:06
I cannot get this to occur on a machine running xp pro with an amd 1.8gig processor, and 1 gig of ram but I went in via my computer rather than how you are doing it.

Can you test this on your system?
For various reasons, using the run dialogue to do this nearly always seems sluggish, but it does work here on this machine.
Is this using espeak?

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 15, 2017

I am not sure if there is enough information provided here to replicate. I do not have issues bringing up flash drives from the run dialog. Maybe I am missing something? I am using Windows 10, although the original poster is using XP.

@Brian1Gaff
Copy link

Brian1Gaff commented Jul 16, 2017 via email

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jul 17, 2017

No feedback from original reporter. Closing as worksforme as per above comments.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants