Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

nvda seems to lag after a thunderbird dialogue came up asking if I want to retry logging in. #1706

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 5, 2011 · 7 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by dwillemv on 2011-08-05 07:26
in v 4576:
I noticed nvda being unable to focus the thunderbird window, so I restarted nvda, but I had the same problem after the restart.
a snip from the log
INFO - core.main (09:06:14):
Using wx version 2.8.11.0 (msw-unicode)
INFO - braille.initialize (09:06:14):
Using liblouis version 2.3.0
INFO - braille.BrailleHandler.setDisplayByName (09:06:14):
Loaded braille display driver noBraille
INFO - core.main (09:06:21):
NVDA initialized
DEBUGWARNING - eventHandler.executeEvent (09:08:49):
error executing event: documentLoadComplete on <NVDAObjects.Dynamic_DocumentBrokenFocusedStateGecko1_9MozillaIAccessibleWindowNVDAObject object at 0x065F3AF0> with extra args of {}
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 133, in executeEvent
File "eventHandler.pyc", line 174, in doPreDocumentLoadComplete
File "treeInterceptorHandler.pyc", line 17, in getTreeInterceptor
File "virtualBuffers\gecko_ia2.pyc", line 85, in contains
COMError: (-2147418110, 'Call was canceled by the message filter.', (None, None, None, 0, None))
ERROR - scriptHandler.executeScript (09:08:49):
error executing script: <bound method GlobalCommands.script_reportCurrentLine of <globalCommands.GlobalCommands object at 0x0649DD90>> with gesture u'NVDA+up arrow'
File "scriptHandler.pyc", line 165, in executeScript
File "globalCommands.pyc", line 63, in script_reportCurrentLine
File "virtualBuffers__init__.pyc", line 579, in makeTextInfo
File "virtualBuffers__init__.pyc", line 86, in init
File "textInfos\offsets.pyc", line 260, in init
File "virtualBuffers__init__.pyc", line 98, in getCaretOffset
File "virtualBuffers__init
_.pyc", line 91, in getSelectionOffsets
WindowsError: 1775 A null context handle was passed from the client to the host during a remote procedure call
ERROR - scriptHandler.executeScript (09:08:49):
error executing script: <bound method GlobalCommands.script_reportCurrentLine of <globalCommands.GlobalCommands object at 0x0649DD90>> with gesture u'NVDA+up arrow'
File "scriptHandler.pyc", line 165, in executeScript
File "globalCommands.pyc", line 63, in script_reportCurrentLine
_.pyc", line 579, in makeTextInfo
File "virtualBuffers__init__.pyc", line 86, in init
File "textInfos\offsets.pyc", line 260, in init
File "virtualBuffers__init__.pyc", line 98, in getCaretOffset
_.pyc", line 91, in _getSelectionOffsets
WindowsError: 1775 A null context handle was passed from the client to the host during a remote procedure call

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by briang1 on 2011-08-05 09:12
Are you saying this does not normally happen. I have found most email clients seem to slow everything when they need to deal with network problems in any way in all versions of Windows. This often does slow everything down, not just the email or network processes.
I assume it clears up if log in succeeds?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by dwillemv on 2011-08-05 13:18
Yes, though it is mainly nvda lagging and not other processes. Also I have a 4 core i5 CPU, so although a process like thunderbird might max one core, there is still three others to do the work, which suggests that there might be a loop somewhere in nvda blocking.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by briang1 on 2011-08-05 15:02
I don't know enough about how nvda uses multi core processes, but its entirely feasible that some low level process is monitored and this causes issues due to the lack of activity on the network monitoring routines in Windows.

Does a log show anything? I'm so used to this kind of slow down on my machines which are single core, I tend not to worry about it. One also gets this when the computer finds some new network device or machine while it populates the lists it keeps internally.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 18, 2017

CC @LeonarddeR @Brian1Gaff

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@dwillemv, is this issue still reproducible for you?

@dwillemv
Copy link

dwillemv commented Jul 26, 2018 via email

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 26, 2018

Closing as requested in #1706 (comment). If this really is a problem, please create a new issue with exact steps to reproduce.

@ehollig ehollig closed this as completed Jul 26, 2018
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants