Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Braille doesn't follow flat review #1711

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 8, 2011 · 8 comments
Closed

Braille doesn't follow flat review #1711

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 8, 2011 · 8 comments
Assignees
Milestone

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by kredh on 2011-08-08 10:00
The braille display doesn't follow the flat review.

When switching to flat review mode and navigating with pavnum7 and pavnum9, the braille display is still on (I guess) the current line of system cursor.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2011-08-08 22:37
Did you tether braille to review (either using NVDA+control+t or the Braille Settings dialog)?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by kredh (in reply to comment 1) on 2011-08-11 12:29
Replying to jteh:

Did you tether braille to review (either using NVDA+control+t or the Braille Settings dialog)?

Hu, I didn't by then. I did by now. I don't know if my problem is about flat review. When I'm in an application like your Python console, for instance, I have to press CTRL + PAVNUM7 to browse the window content, as it appears on the screen.

In this mode, my braille display focuses on the window title and doens't move when I prses PAVNUM7 and PAVNUM9.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by kredh (in reply to comment 2) on 2011-08-11 12:31
Replying to kredh:

Replying to jteh:

Hu, I didn't by then. I did by now. I don't know if my problem is about flat review. When I'm in an application like your Python console, for instance, I have to press CTRL + PAVNUM7 to browse the window content, as it appears on the screen.

In this mode, my braille display focuses on the window title and doens't move when I prses PAVNUM7 and PAVNUM9.

It's not CTRL + PAVNUM7 but NVDA + PAVNUM7, sorry.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh on 2011-08-12 01:04
Confirmed. Not sure why this isn't working yet.
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2011.3

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by mdcurran on 2011-09-01 03:31
Fixed in 78d9daa.
Changes:
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by fatma.mehanna on 2013-04-09 20:35
hi,
sorry for reOpening this, but a feedBack came from the arabic users saying that NVDA stopped to display flatReview content, english or arabic, on braille display.
they say that NVDA was doing that in previous versions, but it stopped.
actually, they didn't tell me when it stopped, but i will attach a log i got from them to see where the problem exists.
thanks.
Changes:
State: reopened

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment displaying flatReviewContent on Braille.txt added by fatma.mehanna on 2013-04-09 20:37
Description:

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by jteh on 2013-04-09 22:47
I just tested and can't reproduce this in 2013.1beta2. In any case, this was fixed for 2011.3, so a new issue should be opened if there is indeed a regression, including exact steps to reproduce. A log is useful, but it's far too difficult to read through a log without some idea of how the problem is reproduced.
Changes:
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants