Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA stops reading the level at which headings appear #1714

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 9, 2011 · 8 comments
Closed

NVDA stops reading the level at which headings appear #1714

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 9, 2011 · 8 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by elliott94 on 2011-08-09 21:08
I unfortunately can't seem to find the event that causes this, but recently I've noticed that NVDA will stop reading the level of headings, I.E. "heading level 1, 2, 3, etc".
This appears to be independent of the website that is currently being read. I've seen this several times before, but unfortunately didn't document it sooner - sorry that I'm unable to come up with exactly how to reproduce this.

Using Firefox 5, and snapshot 4580.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2011-08-09 21:42
Yeah, I think I've seen this as well. Does NVDA+f5 resolve this? (Obviously, this isn't ideal, but I'm curious as to whether this is the same issue I'm seeing.)

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by elliott94 (in reply to comment 1) on 2011-08-09 22:00
Replying to jteh:

Yeah, I think I've seen this as well. Does NVDA+f5 resolve this? (Obviously, this isn't ideal, but I'm curious as to whether this is the same issue I'm seeing.)

I'll report back when I manage to replicate the issue. :) Have you found a way to deliberately make this occur?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh on 2011-08-09 22:04
No. I assume this happens on sites where there are normally levels? (It is possible to have a heading without a level, though it's very rare.)

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by elliott94 (in reply to comment 1) on 2011-08-10 12:01
Replying to jteh:

Does NVDA+f5 resolve this?

I've just encountered this issue again, and NVDA plus F5 does in deed resolve this.

Very strange.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by elliott94 on 2011-09-07 14:48
Just a small update.
This seems to only happen when a page is opened in a new tab, the previous page switched back to, and the new page brought back into focus. Again, though, this doesn't always happen, and it's hard to find an exact reason why this occurs.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by jteh (in reply to comment 6) on 2011-09-15 02:03
Replying to elliott94:

This seems to only happen when a page is opened in a new tab, the previous page switched back to, and the new page brought back into focus.

Bingo! Thank you for this thought. I haven't been able to figure this one out, but I now have a 100% reproduceable test case. It is unfortunately due to a bug in Firefox which I have just filed as MozillaBug:686821.

Again, though, this doesn't always happen, and it's hard to find an exact reason why this occurs.

It occurs if a heading appears while the document is in a background tab.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 15, 2017

This was fixed in Firefox 18 acording to MozillaBug:686821

@derekriemer
Copy link
Collaborator

confirmed.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants