Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Pressing enter on button for file upload in IE9 switches to focus mode instead of activating button #1720

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 13, 2011 · 7 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by waldorfpc on 2011-08-13 13:36
Whenever I press enter on the "browse" button on any website to upload files and or pictures or anything else, it just brings up forms mode, like you are in an edit field. It will not bring up the dialog box that asks you to choose a file to upload. I thought that I'd let you know, so you could make the change in future developments.

I am using IE9, and this problem occurs no matter the website I am on.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2011-08-13 14:04
Damn. This issue is in 2011.2 as well.

Technical: I suspect this regression was caused by 28e79cb. It seems the NVDAObject is being identified as a read only editable text field and this change switches to focus mode for those. The NVDAObject should have a role of button instead (as the node does in the buffer).
Changes:
Changed title from "Found New Bug in the Friday August 12 Snapshot Release" to "Pressing enter on button for file upload in IE9 switches to focus mode instead of activating button"
Milestone changed from None to 2011.3

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by waldorfpc on 2011-08-13 14:42
the weird thing was that I seemed to do okay in some respects in 2010.2. I personally did not notice the problem, until I started messing around with the snapshots. I started with them this week.

Now, something that i did notice is that even when I was using 2010.2 and IE8, I had a problem when a flash based uploading script was used (An example of this can be found when using the photo uploader on Facebook's main website.), it just says a string of some numbers and brings you back to the page. It will not bring up the dialog box. I have not yet tried it out with the snapshots. I did not, however, have this issue in Firefox with the flash based uploading scripts.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2011-08-13 14:47
FYI, until this is fixed, you can work around this bug by moving to the button, pressing enter (which will activate focus mode) and then pressing space.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by waldorfpc on 2011-08-13 16:44
that works. Thanks so much.

Unfortunately, there is no work around that I could see for when flash uploading scripts are used, except to use Firefox.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by jteh on 2011-08-13 16:48
Flash uploading is a very separate issue. Please file a different ticket for that if you think it's an NVDA bug.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by waldorfpc on 2011-08-13 17:00
True. Wasn't thinking. That is what I get with a few hours of sleep. LOL

I'll test the flash scripts against other screen readers first. If, in fact, I think it is an NVDA bug, I'll file a ticket.

Thanks so much for your time and quick responses. You rock!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by jteh on 2011-09-01 05:27
5c887d8
Changes:
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant