Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

With Firefox 4, NVDA doesn't indicate name of certain link. #1722

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 16, 2011 · 7 comments
Closed

With Firefox 4, NVDA doesn't indicate name of certain link. #1722

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 16, 2011 · 7 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

nvaccessAuto commented Aug 16, 2011

Reported by aleskis on 2011-08-16 11:51
In some case, name of certain link doesn't appear and NVDA say just "link". In the example below, coming from source of google plus, at the top of the page, "notification" link it here but no the text:

onclick="gbar.logger.il(1,{t:66})" href="http://www.google.fr/intl/fr/options/">et encore plus &raquo;</a></li></ol></div></div></li></ol></div><div id=gbg><h2 class=gbxx>Account Options</h2><span class=gbtcb></span><ol class=gbtc><li class=gbt><a class=gbgt id=gbg6 href="//google.com/profiles" onclick="gbar.tg(event,document.getElementById('gbg4'))" tabindex=-1 aria-haspopup=true aria-owns=gbd4><span class=gbtb2></span><span class=gbts><span id=gbi4t>Alexis Robin</span></span></a></li><li class="gbt gbtb"><span class=gbts></span></li><li class=gbt><a class="gbgt gbgtd" id=gbg1 href="/u/0/notifications/all" title="Notifications" onclick="gbar.tg(event,this)" aria-haspopup=true aria-owns=gbd1><span class=gbtb2></span><span id=gbgs1 class=gbts><span id=gbi1a class=gbid></span><span id=gbi1

Same thing for "stream | photos | me | circles | games" terms:

alt="google.com"/></a></div><div class="a-aa-si-S"><div class="l1 aH d-q-p" role="navigation"><a href="/stream" target="_top" class="d-k a-c-k-eb Mc d-q-p o1 bH" aria-label="Accueil"><span class="p1 cH qm" data-tooltip="Accueil"></span></a><a href="/photos" target="_top" class="d-k a-c-k-eb Mc d-q-p QA" aria-label="Photos"><span class="p1 cH rm" data-tooltip="Photos"></span></a><a href="/me" target="_top" class="d-k a-c-k-eb Mc d-q-p q1" aria-label="Profil"><span class="p1 cH sm" data-tooltip="Profil"></span></a><a href="/circles" target="_top" class="d-k a-c-k-eb Mc d-q-p m1 dH" aria-label="Cercles"><span class="p1 cH om" data-tooltip="Cercles"></span></a><a href="/games" target="_top" class="d-k a-c-k-eb Mc d-q-p n1 dH" aria-label="Jeux"><span class="p1 cH pm" data-tooltip="Jeux"></span></a></div><div

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2011-08-16 13:54
Its early days for this service at the moment. there have been numerous complaints about access in the google group accessible that I've seen. to join you need an invite of course, so it may be hard to test this.
Have you tried these things in the earlier Firefox 3.6.18?
I also was gratified to find that some other funnies in some google pages, not plus, seem to be working better in the latest beta of Firefox 6 with nvda, notably the email.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by aleskis on 2011-08-16 15:12
In fact, i've spoke of Google plus because a lot of link provide this result with NVDA and Firefox. But I've also pasted the source code to be generic in my explanation. More generally, when you are logged with a google account, you can find some inaccessible link on the google home page with firefox. Above search edition, there is a link named option, but with NVDA 2011.2 it's no named.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@Brian1Gaff Since you seem to have been involved in this ticket when it was filed, were you able to test and reproduce this yourself back then, or do you have any updates with regards to the present standing of this issue? I have seen instances of links which are just read as link and no name or label is attributed to them by NVDA, if that is what this report concerns, although I cannot provide an exact test case at the moment.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 7, 2017

From what I can tell from the code provided, it appears each anchor contains an aria-label and the text inside the anchor contains a data-tooltip wrapped in a span. Hopefully this can be of use in determining this issues relevance. CC @jcsteh

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Can someone provide a website where we can reproduce this? The link does not work anymore.

Otherwise I suggest closing it and reopening a new issue with a working link.

Thanks.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 26, 2018

As we can not reproduce this with a working link, I am going to close this issue. If someone is experiencing this issue and has a working link, please reopen a new issue.

@ehollig ehollig closed this as completed Jul 26, 2018
@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jul 27, 2018

If it's related to aria-label on links, it was likely fixed by #1354.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

5 participants