Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Avg free reports infections in nvda downloads #1723

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 16, 2011 · 3 comments
Closed

Avg free reports infections in nvda downloads #1723

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 16, 2011 · 3 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by mario.percinic on 2011-08-16 12:18
When trying to install nvda 2011.2 avg free reports that there is the thred in the downloaded snapshot version and it asks me if i want to move the file in the virus volt or allow the program to treet is as not infected. However if i click on the procedure to continue, it finishes the instalation but at the end it doesn't want to run nvda, and it gives error message that the instalation folder can not be found. When avg pops up with warning message, nvda stopps talking so sighted asistance is neded. Unfortunately that happened on my parents machine where they have windows xp installed, and here i have win7 with microsoft security which doesn't report anything about nvda being infected.
On my usb stick i got old portable version of nvda ver. 2009. which runs ok and avg doesn't report it as infected.
Btw later i tried downloading version from the main repository but avg gave the same results in the end. Could you check it and see what's going on?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2011-08-16 13:48
Has anyone reported this to AVG? Last time this happened with some popular software they fixed it in days.

I went over to MSSE entirely a while back ehen avg started to slow the ccomputer down too much and give warnings about such things as compiled scripts etc.
Not tried their newest version however.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by nvdakor on 2014-04-29 00:11
Hi,
From brief experience with AVG 2012 and up, this issue has been solved (I believe).

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2014-04-29 00:30
Please reopen if the problem persists.
Changes:
Added labels: worksforme
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant