Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Say All Randomly Fails in IE 9/FF 4+ #1726

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 18, 2011 · 6 comments
Closed

Say All Randomly Fails in IE 9/FF 4+ #1726

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 18, 2011 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by tkeenan79 on 2011-08-18 23:14
Sometimes, when pressing Say All (NVDA+downarrow,) to read large amounts of text, NVDA will only read a relatively small portion of the text before stopping. The cursor will then be placed several lines before it leaves off. This usually happens when reading straight text with no links.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2011-08-18 23:32
What speech synthesiser are you using?

Please provide a URL where this occurred, along with exact steps to reproduce. For example, were you at the top of the page when you started? How many lines spoke before it stopped? Where exactly was the cursor when it stopped? We need to be able to reproduce this before we have any chance of a fix.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by tkeenan79 (in reply to comment 1) on 2011-08-18 23:40
Replying to jteh:
I'm using Eloquence, whichever version comes with Window-eyes. I haven't been able to reliably duplicate this -- that's why I didn't provide a specific URL. As soon as I can, I'll provide one here. However, it's happened on several pages, again, mostly with large amounts of text. You haven't heard of anyone else experiencing this?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2011-08-19 00:14
I think there was one report of this, but we haven't been able to reproduce ourselves.

Btw, what version of NVDA are you running? You don't specify (except development).

Also, please try with the in-built eSpeak. If it works there, it could be an issue with the synth you're using.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

If none of us are able to reproduce failures and inconsistencies in say alls, since tkeenan79 unfortunately did not respond to #1726 (comment), and given that we have no way of contacting the original author, can this ticket be safely closed? @ehollig

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@tkeenan79 can you still reproduce it?

Or can anyone reproduce it?

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 26, 2018

As it seems that no one has been able to reproduce this in a very long time, I am going to close this issue. If someone experiences this in the future, please open a new issue with the exact steps you took to reproduce the issue, the text you were reading, and the synthesizer you were using.

@ehollig ehollig closed this as completed Jul 26, 2018
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants