Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Allow the focus to follow braille cursor. #1748

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 5, 2011 · 4 comments
Closed

Allow the focus to follow braille cursor. #1748

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 5, 2011 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by aleskis on 2011-09-05 10:55
In order to avoid to be limited by a short focus during a braille reading only, add ability for the focus to follow braille cursor/review cursor. Currently, the problem during a long braille reading it the limit imposed by the shortness field imposed by the focus.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2011-09-05 10:56
Please be more specific about what you want. The caret or review cursor (depending on which you have braille tethered to) already does follow braille.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by aleskis (in reply to comment 1) on 2011-09-05 11:22
Replying to jteh:
Hmmm, the caret I guess. To understand the problem, you could open one document in IBM Lotus Symphony for example. You should able to read two lines only. After, you have to use arrow keys to go down or up. Same thing for this comment edit box. I know that NVDA it not a clone of Jaws, but in this commercial screenreader, braille can follow focus and focus can follow braille.

@dkager
Copy link
Collaborator

dkager commented Jul 2, 2017

Good to close? Looks vague and possibly app-specific. We're already discussing this in other issues.

CC @LeonarddeR

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jul 2, 2017

This issue seems to be about the caret not following braille in certain apps even when braille is tethered to focus. It's somewhat vague and is very old, so at the very least, the situation has probably changed. Therefore, I'm closing this. Please file issues for specific apps if this is still an issue.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants