Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Mozilla Firefox crashes with NVDA #176

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 1, 2010 · 2 comments
Closed

Mozilla Firefox crashes with NVDA #176

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 1, 2010 · 2 comments
Labels

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by hurrikenny on 2008-09-16 11:02
I have found that Mozilla Firefox crashes with NVDA if it has been in use and you decide to close Mozilla by pressing Alt + F4. (Even alt and then arrow down to close) still produces a crash. Mozilla stops responding. Even if you press Alt+ Ctrl+Del to attempt to close Mozilla it says it can't close it. On the rare occasion that it does let you close it, the NVDA voice returns. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by hurrikenny on 2008-09-17 05:09
Solution: Go to Mozilla Firefox's safe mode and reset it. This seems to have solved the problem for now and I have tried a few times to crash it and Mozilla and NVDA now both behave. It looks like a Mozilla Firefox bug.
Changes:
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2008-09-17 08:31
I realise this is now fine for you, but it'd be good to get more info on this so it can be fixed in Firefox if it is indeed a Firefox bug. You might consider opening a bug on the Mozilla Bugzilla if you can reproduce it.

Questions:

• What do you mean by "reset" Firefox?
  • Did you have any extensions installed in Firefox before you tried safe mode? I think safe mode disables extensions, so it might indicate a problem with an extension.
  • Did this crash occur every time you closed Firefox or only sometimes? If sometimes, were there any steps you could use to reproduce it?
  • Do you know if the crash occurs when NVDA is not running?

Even if you can't answer these questions now, please keep them in mind if this does occur again.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant