Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Positional information included in progress bar beeps #1768

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 9, 2011 · 2 comments
Closed

Positional information included in progress bar beeps #1768

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 9, 2011 · 2 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by elliott94 on 2011-09-09 18:40
I realise that this may not be considered as a useful feature, but thought it could be a nice addition for some users.

If beeps are set for progress bar announcements, positional information could be included. For example, as it gets further across the screen, the beeps could travel to the right of the stereo field, and vice versa if it's a descending bar.

I'm not sure if this can be done with the current audio implimentation, but just thought I'd see what you guys think.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by Ahiiron on 2011-09-09 20:31
This in theory should be possible, as this is used for audio mouse coordinates, though I hardly see it of any usefulness. The ascending pitches should be enough. Unless, maybe, it stayed at the same pitch and just flew across the stereo field as the progress raised without the pitch rising, sounds cool but more of an audiophile feature than what most people are interested in.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2011-09-12 02:50
This doesn't communicate any additional information and in fact duplicates the same information (since the pitch already indicates the position of the bar).
Changes:
Added labels: wontfix
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant