Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

MSHTML: List items for HTML select nodes aren't treated as part of virtual buffer #1818

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 27, 2011 · 5 comments
Assignees
Milestone

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by jteh on 2011-09-27 08:06
When an HTML select node is focused, its list item objects are not treated as part of the virtual buffer. They aren't the actual option nodes and don't seem to support the MSHTML API at all. This causes NVDA to treat these list items as if they aren't part of the document. This applies to both lists (size > 1) and expanded combo boxes (size = 1).

Test case: https://bug474893.bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=358315

In the case of lists, the parent of the items is the list and the parent of the list is the document, so this should be fairly easy to special case in contains.

Expanded combo boxes are weird and seem to create another popup document just containing the select node. I'm not sure how to figure out what real document this is associated with.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by mdcurran on 2011-10-07 03:40
4fdc83f Fixes select elements with a size greater than 2 (i.e. list), but then makes combo boxes a bit worse, until #1826 is fixed, I think.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by mdcurran on 2011-10-07 03:41
I mean a size greater than 1.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by mdcurran on 2011-10-09 00:00
Now that #1826 is fixed it is now possible to arrow or quicknav to a combo box and have it expand with alt+downArrow. However, if you expand with alt+downArrow, then collapse with alt+upArrow, subsequent alt+downArow presses don't seem to be handled properly, unless you tab away and tab back.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh (in reply to comment 3) on 2011-10-09 00:46
Replying to mdcurran:

if you expand with alt+downArrow, then collapse with alt+upArrow, subsequent alt+downArow presses don't seem to be handled properly

Looks like MSHTML doesn't bother to fire a focus event on the combo box when it is closed. Irritating. The list item becomes invisible, but focus remains on it.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by jteh on 2011-10-10 07:49
This bug as described is fixed and the other issue seems to be a problem in IE. If it is really a major problem for users, it should be filed as a new ticket.
Changes:
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants