Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Bad cursor position in the cygwin's mintty terminal #1848

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Oct 17, 2011 · 6 comments
Closed

Bad cursor position in the cygwin's mintty terminal #1848

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Oct 17, 2011 · 6 comments
Labels
Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. bug

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by jupiterfr on 2011-10-17 08:58
When I use the cyngwin's mintty utility my braille refresh fine, i.e. when I modify the line, all characters appear synchronously.
The only big problem is that the cursor position is one character after the correct position.
I would like to use this utility because all other ssh terminal such as teraterm has problem refreshing my braille display sometimes, and braille loose focus.
this problem has been constated in nvda ver 2011.2 and nvda 2011.3beta1.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2011-10-17 09:01
Any reason you aren't just using the Windows Command console (in which you can also run Cygwin apps)?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jupiterfr (in reply to comment 1) on 2011-10-18 13:36
My interrest using cygwin's mintty is for emacs for example.
Cygwin's mintty allows you to use any keyboard key as alt-f4
shift-arrows etc as in normal windows app. If I use a linux system
through the cygwin's mintty, I can select text for example with
shift-arrow as I do in windows.
Another good feature, is that cygwin's mintty automatically set cursor position when pressing left mouse button, i.e, if braille is used, I use the routing cursor key.
It is not a blocking bug but I think that this terminal is very
accessible except for the one character after problem.

Any reason you aren't just using the Windows Command console (in which you can also run Cygwin apps)?

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@jcsteh @LeonarddeR Could you please assign this ticket a priority? The ticket summary seems to suggest that this is a regression as opposed to being a pre-existing bug, which may increase the value of this issue.

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Aug 7, 2017

I don't think this is a regression. I think it just wasn't tested in earlier versions.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@jupiterfr how is this now in NVDA 2019.3.1?

@Adriani90 Adriani90 added the Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. label May 2, 2020
@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

It seems we've lost contact to the initial author and I didn'T hear other users having this issue. If I am wrong, then please comment and we can reopen this or create a new issue to gain more attention.
Closing as abandoned.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. bug
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants